Twitter is truly amazing. In only six years since its launch in 2006 it has changed the way people communicate with each other. Here’s a few quick tips to twitterize your conference or trade show.
- Create an event hashtag (#ExpoExpo) for Twitter to expand your audience before, during and after the event. Use them every time you tweet to help people find you.
- Make it easy for your tweets to be re-tweeted. Keep them short enough so your followers can add hashtags and short comments. Keep your Twitter name short, too, for that reason. With only 140 characters, each space is valuable.
- Improve the attendee experience at your show, tweet unplanned changes to schedule, reminders and notifications. Respond to tweets quickly.
- Give stuff away. By retweeting your giveaway, contestants are entered to win a prize. This builds links to your site and builds Google ranking authority, or “Google juice.”
- At the closing general session – have a slide that acknowledges the Twitter handles that tweeted the most at your event.
- Time Saving Tool: Using a free desktop application like HootSuite or TweetDeck you can monitor event mentions, keywords, and manage multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Ping.fm and WordPress profiles and schedule messages. Set up a search to learn when people are tweeting about your event, Visit: www.Tweetdeck.com
- Sign up your Twitter account with Klout to get your influence score. Go to www.klout.com for advice on making your tweets and Facebook posts more influential.
- Five tips to build a larger Twitter following: 1) Tweet frequently, people look at recent tweets to decide whether or not to follow you. 2) Retweet, @replies are very powerful. 3) Link to videos and pictures – think variety. 4) Make sure you follow relevant industry insiders (ex: Corbin Ball, TSNN, PCMA, JoyceMcKee) 5) Assign an intern to add people who will automatically follow you back – 1001 Twitter Users Who Will Follow You Back
- Create a snazzy, custom Twitter background for free: Visit : www.TwitrBackgrounds.com
- ClicktoTweet is a free online tool that generates a “ClicktoTweet” button.
“I’m loving these Twitter Tradeshow Tips” – click to tweet
Like these tips? Have any other good ones to share? Share a comment below.